Tuesday 6 September 2011

Torrential Rain

Wake to torrential rain after a night of the same. The storm had been so violent I even got up to record it. My list of things to do is still long. First I photograph the photos of the mill, then the weather had brightened a little so I go to film the side of the hill.

 I like the sheep paths and wonder if I can draw connections between these and the knitting machine.



On the way there I pass over the raging Burn and have to stop to video and record it. The weather gets worse and I am frozen so I go in for tea. It is really too cold and wet to draw outside, I go in and sort more pictures into files and make images into slides. At 5 o’clock I take a break, it is cold, wet and dull and I find it hard to motivate myself so I sit and try and warm myself instead.

Later I go back to print my ‘slides’ I decide to mix in some of the other pictures I have taken, images of my sewing and of the camera to make them look old as well. Thinking about diagrams of knitting, having looked at the diagrams of stitches, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment