Friday 2 September 2011

Printing and Picking Flowers

My plan today is to get some images printed on to acetate. I go over to Richard’s studio to google printers in the area. After several calls and searching within a 35 mile radius I conclude it will not be possible! The closest I have to a yes is a photocopy onto acetate in Hawick from a stationer but it only can be done from an image so I print out my slide ready pictures and we set off!

It is a 25 minute walk to the car then a slow drive into Hawick. It is a surprising town – much bigger than I had thought; and lots of knitwear shops. I meet Mary Morrison at Heart of Hawick, and I have the sudden thought about filming within one of the knitting mills, she advises me to ask Helen at the Textile Tower Museum who knows all the local mills. 


We have lunch and have a walk around town, then a very quick visit to the textile museum; it is a very well put together exhibit. There is some wonderful archive film of the mills; it makes me think of the deteriorated photos Richard found in the mill.

I call Shorts Mill and feeling very cheeky ask if I could do some filming, to my surprise the person I am speaking to agrees readily! And we make an appointment for Wednesday.

Then I find the printer and get my copies – the results below.
 

We return to Phenzhopehaugh and Méabh works on her exhibits for the show tomorrow, and then eat pizza. Méabh and Brendan go out in the almost dark to pick flowers with torches! 

No comments:

Post a Comment