Monday 5 September 2011

Crossings

I wake as usual at 7:30 to a beautiful sunny day. I gather all my equipment and set off. The first challenge is crossing the Rankle Burn – I’m not the most confident stream crosser so it takes quite a lot of consideration. I weigh up the pros and cons of a shorter but possible deeper crossing. In the end I opt for the tried and tested route. My main concern is slipping and damaging all my audiovisual equipment! The graveyard is dark and peaceful. I find a couple of areas to film.



I continue on the circuit filming and photographing. Rain starts as I reach the clear-cut area, I shelter in the woods, but it is only light rain.



I come across some beautifully lit, mossy woodland and stay to film it – not sure what I can do with this it is too beautiful to pass by. I arrive back and recharge my video camera then set out and attempt to sew the root of an upended tree.


I end up with about 75 minutes of footage, which I capture, and sort into logical clips. More lists in the evening my time here is rapidly coming to an end – and there is still so much to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment